Friday 13 January 2017

Poem-For Once

FOR ONCE
For once, I wish to give a chance to my self respect
For once, I want to come out of your cozy nest.
For once, I do not wish to forgive your ignorance
For once, I do not wish to prove my innocence.
For once I wish you to bear the pain
The same I bore for you in vain.
For once, I want you to shudder at the thought of losing me
For once, I want you to be on the other side of the fence.
For once, I wish to select myself over you
For once, I want to ignore red over blue.
For once, I cannot stop saying thank you
For once, this one is not for you
For once, had it not been for you
I'd not realise that life, indeed, is good without you

Swarupa

7 comments:

  1. Every word you have written speaks a million thoughts, Rupa! They tugged at my heart strings and i had a lump in my throat. How beautifully you have poured your thoughts onto paper!
    Very proud of you, my dear!
    Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Shilpa for encouraging me to be here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Shilpa for encouraging me to be here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Rups ����v well written... you keep yourself going strong dats the best thing I adore about you.. keep motivating us by your writing... proud of you darling..!!loads of love n best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feminism at its best, shorn off its militant posture! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete