Sunday 19 November 2017

An Inconclusive meet

An Inconclusive meet

Uncrumpled, lifeless, lies my Saree on the bed,
A piece of fabric just undone,
Otherwise a treasure for me,
Had you undraped it, with eagerness and spice...

Unattended,...it now sits like a widow, parched, yet colourful..
The fragrance of my henna dyed hair too seems to have faded a bit,
For its failure to feel your fingers running through them,
Like a fully blossomed rose, just missed out on the customary visit of a honeybee.
Oh!  My Bindi! Still sits on my forehead,  unmoved,
Even as my image in the mirror... reminds me of the incredible pleasures of its otherwise displacement,
Had our bodies unified. 

This time around our rendezvous remains indeterminate,
Yet I cherish every bit of it,
Alas! For me there is delight, even in inconclusive meets. 

Rupa Chapalgaonkar



No comments:

Post a Comment